Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Too Busy to Stop

SPIN 2017 is all about The Art of Living Well:
Quality of Life BEFORE End of Life - why wait?
Let's practice so we're really good at it later.
It's a W(H)ealth (r)Evolution.

Busy being busy
Can there be "quality" in busy?
Or are we too busy to notice.....

Too busy to take care of yourself.
Busy does not mean important.
Our feet have gotten out in front of us!
Lost our balance.
Great for a SPRINT....not an endurance race.
This month in SPIN, we are exploring TIME.
It's a slippery subject as our perception affects our 
experience of it.  One thing is for certain - our time is 
moving FAST & we along with it.  But honestly, many women 
know the busy routine.  We live it on many levels in order to live 
BEYOND "only" working, "only" family-ing, etc.
Getting involved with others through social networking, travel, 
fitness, activism - all good!  But like the bumper sticker says:
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

I, myself, appear to be an overly ambitious sort.  And I can thank 
my busy lifestyle for creating my fondness of Down Time/Open Time - 
or what I NOW call >> Unscheduled Time <<.  
(I hear the operatic soprano now)
I do schedule my activities for the week & I schedule my Unscheduled Time -
not to be tampered with.  It's a little trick I'm experimenting with.  
Since it's so new to me, after a day off, I woke too early due to my fear 
that because of that day off, I wasn't going to be able to get everything done. 
It's like separation anxiety between me & my obligations.

Separation anxiety..... Wait a minute ---- 
As a self-employed person, I work several jobs plus volunteer.
 what if I thought of my necessary activities as my Children! 
OMG -  I have 6 children. How to parent 6 children? ....google.....
Children respond best to quality time - not only how much
but how good.

It seems that QUALITY has come to my rescue!

As mother of 2, I really understand attempts at balancing 
1. children's activitites
2. housework
3. bills
4. work
5. extended family
6. oh yea......me

Maybe, just maybe, time is not the only measure for my 
6 activity children-some require more time than others.  
It comes down to QUALITY, not QUANTITY.

It is now September which means we have spent 8 1/2 months on
folding QUALITY into our lives through a different habit each month.

....QUALITY OF LIFE BEFORE END OF LIFE......

How 'bout you.... about done with being all busy & stuff?
Really think about it.  It's been said that we suffer from 
urgency addiction. Over-busy & over-stimulated.
Would everything REALLY fall apart
if you took some time to jump off the crazy thing...?

After YEARS- really years - of cramming EVERYTHING into my weeks, 
I'm beginning to be through with all that - much like giving up the late
nights from my younger days.  

It's just not worth it anymore.

How long you gonna play that "I'm too busy!" game?
It's getting a bit boring, really.  Fast-pace living is great
for a sprint, but as far as a marathon, give me some scheduled
"Un-scheduled Time" & let's take up a seat on the back porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment


The DIVINE FEMININE WORKSHOP for WOMEN