Saturday, May 16, 2020

YoU'Re GrOUnDeD

Who knew we would be found out?
No one was watching over us, 
so we went a little off the rails....
I'm sorry, I won't do it again.

Yes, as parent to my inner child, 

I'm feeling like I've been grounded 
for an unreasonable amount of time 
considering my crime was just 
one of inconsideration --- to mySELF.  
For years, children have been
reprimanded for not showing respect. 
Only after such a long period 
of being closed up away from my friends, 
my wheels, my freedom,
am I beginning to grasp that I haven't 
been respecting mySELF.
In fact, as the mother of me - 
I've abandoned me.

As a fully grown adult female, 
I understand that my animal totem
could very well be the octopus with 
multiple arms & only 1 head
to remember what each arm is doing. 
Or perhaps a centipede marching
its short legs together in such a way 
that I'm actually feeling like I'm
getting somewhere - even if it's only 
across the room.

This quarantine time is reminding me 
how L-O-N-G it would take to 
fulfill my "time-out" or "grounding". 
It seemed to take for freakin'
EVER!  What I'm seeing is that my old, 
pre-COVID ways were in many
ways taking away my freedom. 
That the things I used to do to help me
escape from my "busy" are not so fun now....
So, it wasn't the THINGS I was doing, 
but the feeling of getting away
from whatever I felt imprisoned by - 
work, mostly. And I LOVE my work!
So, maybe it's "having to be somewhere" 
at a certain time - I don't really know.

My best friends before COVID: 

Overly Social, Numb, Paralyzed, 
(insert yours here).
Working around my day is more 
exhausting than living my day!
These friends would've been banished 
by a good mother as they were
merely using me - keeping me from 
noticing how buried I was. I could've
noticed at any time that I was living 
half-throttle. 

But .... I was playing.....

Kids always have a "but..... " 

when caught.  
Mine as an adult: But.... I was meditating/
reading/working/having a drink...
All of those things have their place, 
but nothing can replace being with
my own imagination. 
Don't get me wrong - quieting down & 
meditating is an absolute must in my world. 
But it can get messy when I'm not allowing 
myselftime to check in with how I'm actually 
going through the motions of my day.
Taking my cushion out to play like a toddler's 
blankie. Mindfulness plays a part here. 
But then, it's about my practice --- not my life.

I realize my practice IS life, but somehow, 

COVID has liberated me - for however
long - from all boundaries / ground & 
what's left is any kid's favorite toy:

My Imagination.


Due to my "grounding", I can 

* Explore
* Create
* Laugh / Cry with Friends - on "tv"
* Build Something
* Eat
* Watch a Bedtime Story 
* Get Up With The Sun wondering, 
"whatcha got today, Day?"

In my adult female world, I DO know 

that the practice of Creative Mind
is not only good for me ---- it's FUN!  

Also fun --- Wisdom Warrior Women!

We are working with our relationship 
to ourselves by peeking into 
what matters most to us. Habits are 
where we hide ourselves from ourselves.
I'm all for bringing more LIFE to our LIVES. 
It's infectious in a way that actually
makes us BETTER humans.

Shoot me a message at 

wisdomwarriorwomen@gmail.com 
and let's talk.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you are working with wordpress, it is pretty simple and robust. My only complant is that the print is a little small for my "sage" eyes. The February post was much more readable for those of us who are more "mature>>>"

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Thanks for letting me know. I think I got it fixed.

    ReplyDelete


The DIVINE FEMININE WORKSHOP for WOMEN